Steps to configure Google Drive as an external storage. After installing XfilesPro in your org, you need to open the application
- Open the application
- Click on Storage Setup tab
- Click on Google Drive
- Enter a desired name under Provider Name. You can set any name in this option. This provider name will help you identify your provider which you are going to set up.
- You will see an option – Set Your Google APP which is an optional button for you to click. To make it easy for the end-users, XfilesPro team has created a common Google App which allows any XfilesPro custom to use this ensuring their data is not shared/transmitted to anyone. It is highly secured. But if you want to create your own Google App and configure XfilesPro, then you need to mention Google app access key and google app secret key. Click here to know how to create a new provider access key & provider access secret key. Once you add your Google app access key and secret key, proceed to next steps.
- Enter a name in Provide Root Folder Name. When you enter a new provider root folder name, a new folder is created in GDrive with the same name you mentioned here.
- Click on Validate button. A new window opens asking you to click on ALLOW button. Click on ALLOW and it will connect to your GDrive.A new window opens asking you to sign in with your Google account.
- Once you enter your credentials, it will ask you to ALLOW force.com to view and manage buttons. Force.com is a platform which creates a folder and manages your files without having it stored within itself. You can be assured of your file privacy.
- Click on ALLOW and it will connect to your GDrive.
- Once XfilesPro team gets back to you with a confirmation email that your domain name has been added internally in their system, you can proceed to the next steps.
- After validating your credentials, you will be prompted to select an object(s) where you want Google Drive to be configured.
You will be redirected to the same setup page and you will be prompted to pick an object where we want our external storage to be configured.
- Click on Submit.
- You have now successfully configured GDrive to your XfilesPro.
If you are opening the configured object in Lightning view, then you need to make certain customizations like inserting lightning components in the object page layout. Click here to proceed with lightning setup.
If you are opening the configured object in Salesforce1, then you need to make certain customizations like adding a new VF page & inserting it in the object page layout. Click here to proceed with Salesforce1 setup.