As a comprehensive platform that enables businesses to streamline any of their critical processes, Salesforce has been exceptional in the last two decades. With over 150,000+ customers from multiple industries and sizes, today Salesforce is offering a full suite of solutions spanning across sales, service, marketing, commerce, analytics, Customer 360 platform, etc. In order to maintain top-notch org performance and business productivity, the CRM giant has limited some of its capacities. Storage is one of those. A Salesforce org comes with a limited amount of data & file storage, and anything additional to these comes with a hefty price.
To ensure you never run out of your storage and operate the business in a highly optimized org, enterprises adopt various long-term data & file management strategies. For example, in order to optimize the data storage, leading enterprises implement an intelligent archival plan, while to deal with a growing number of files of large sizes, they look for external storage integration. However, things become a little more obscure, when the volume of files is million in number & you need a robust system in place to manage those files cost-effectively.
Companies use Salesforce Community Cloud to connect with their customers in a better way. Enterprises having a community portal (Salesforce Community Cloud License) with a lot of community users who consistently generate a lot of files, often find them in the middle of a crisis where they left with no option other than purchasing additional storage with a very high price, or delete old files or build a solution that can help them store the files somewhere else.
So what are the challenges that Salesforce customers face when it comes to managing a huge pile of files coming from multiple community users? Here are the top three basic challenges;
- Limited native file storage – Unable to optimize
- High recurring (additional) file storage costs – More investment
- External file storage & collaboration – Need of a solution to enable this
External file storage & collaboration comes with its own set of challenges.
- Choosing the right external storage system to integrate with Salesforce
- Collaborating files seamlessly with the external system
- Automating the entire process without any manual intervention
- Migrating large volume of files (Initial process)
- Defining the folder structure – Where to store the community user files in the remote storage
- Centralized content management system – Managing files from one place
- Customizing the solution to any extend – Meet evolving business needs
How to Implement a Strategic Approach with XfilesPro?In order to manage the huge volume of files generated by the community users, enterprises need to implement a future-proof file management strategy where they can rise above the limited native storage & make their file storage unlimited with external storage collaboration using advanced file storage & collaboration solutions for Salesforce like XfilesPro.
- Choose your External Storage
- Storage Optimization & Cost Savings
The integration will automatically store all the incoming community user-generated files in the chosen external storage & enable you to never run out of the primary file storage. This means no need for additional storage & high storage investment.
- Centralized Content Management System
Drive high-degree of file collaboration with your internal as well as community users by ensuring files are managed centrally but available for all to share, view, download & edit.
- Better Community Collaboration
- Store Files in the Right Folder – Sorted & Synchronized File Management
A highly customizable file & folder management allows the business process to be embedded in the way files and folders need to save into your external storage. You can save specific community portal user-generated files in pre-defined specific folders automatically with zero human intervention.
- Highly Customizable – Use the way you want
The solution is highly flexible & can be customized to any level based on specific Salesforce community file management needs.
- Collaborate External Files into the Salesforce System
- Manage all the files under one roof
- Large Volume File Migration
To know more about XfilesPro & it’s capabilities in managing Salesforce community portal files, please get in touch with our Salesforce file management experts today.